Telehealth Graduate Badge
A digital badge, or badge, is a record of achievement that recognizes a student's completion of a coherent and meaningful academic experience. GVSU offers both credit and non-credit bearing badges as digital credentials. Credit-bearing badges include anywhere from 0.5 to 15 academic credits and may include additional noncredit criteria. Credit-bearing badges are also posted to the academic transcript.
This badge is designed for individuals with a baccalaureate degree and a background in nursing, health professions, or informatics who desire to expand their understanding of telehealth implementation as influenced by current regulatory and billing rules. At the completion of the badge, participants will be able to:
- Analyze telehealth information and communication technologies for optimal, effective, and efficient patient care;
- Create interprofessional, evidence-based patient and clinical telehealth workflows that incorporate leadership, social/behavioral, computer and information science models and theories;
- Evaluate the impact of telehealth on the patient-provider relationship, patient and population health outcomes, clinical processes, and the interprofessional team using data analytics; and
- Apply legal, regulatory, ethical, reimbursement, and vulnerable population considerations in the use of telehealth.
Why Earn a Digital Badge at Grand Valley?
- Digital badges can be displayed on social media, websites, and in emails.
- Completing a badge is an opportunity to highlight marketable and desirable skills to potential employers.
- Badges are an efficient way to obtain a specialization in the health care field, and telehealth can be completed in one semester.
- Make health care more accessible to underserved populations.
- Learn from exceptional faculty invested in student success.
- This program can be completed fully online.
Location & Format
This program can be completed online.Format:
The badge is comprised of one three-credit course, NUR 706 - Telehealth. Coursework will include a project, discussions, a proposal, and a presentation. This class is offered each semester in a hybrid format, a combination of in-seat and online.
Prospective students without a bachelor's degree in a health profession will be required to complete PNH 630 prior to taking the telehealth badge.
This badge will prepare participants to implement and optimize telehealth use in health and health care settings, including reimbursement and facilitating clinical visits while adhering to legal and privacy issues.
Applicants should hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; you must submit an official transcript from your baccalaureate degree granting institution. It is not required to be admitted to a graduate degree program to complete the badge. To start your application, click here.
For current GVSU students:
- Declare your badge via myBanner. Login to Banner Self-Service, click on Student, Student Records, Add a Certificate or Badge to your Program, Select the appropriate badge from the drop down list, and click Submit.
- Speak with the appropriate badge coordinator to ensure criteria are being met. You will be able to track your progress toward the badge in myPath as well!
- Once you are done with the requirements, apply to receive the badge via myBanner.
- Once the completion of your badge has been verified, the badge will be posted to your student record and will be viewable on your transcript. In addition, your digital badge will be posted on Credly.com.