Telehealth graduate badge
A badge is a digital record of achievement that recognizes completion of a coherent and meaningful academic experience. You can link your digital badges to online résumés and portfolios, career websites, or social media. This gives you a way to share experiences, competencies, and knowledge with current and future employers, professional and community organizations, recruiters, and graduate program advisors.
This badge is designed for individuals with a baccalaureate degree and a background in nursing, health professions, or informatics who desire to expand their understanding of telehealth implementation as influenced by current regulatory and billing rules. At the completion of the badge, participants will be able to:
- Analyze telehealth information and communication technologies for optimal, effective, and efficient patient care;
- Create interprofessional, evidence-based patient and clinical telehealth workflows that incorporate leadership, social/behavioral, computer and information science models and theories;
- Evaluate the impact of telehealth on the patient-provider relationship, patient and population health outcomes, clinical processes, and the interprofessional team using data analytics; and
- Apply legal, regulatory, ethical, reimbursement, and vulnerable population considerations in the use of telehealth.
Why Earn a Digital Badge at Grand Valley?
- Digital badges can be displayed on social media, websites, and in emails.
- Completing a badge is an opportunity to highlight marketable and desirable skills to potential employers.
- Badges are an efficient way to obtain a specialization in the health care field, and telehealth can be completed in one semester.
- Make health care more accessible to underserved populations.
- Learn from exceptional faculty invested in student success.