Sport Coaching Undergraduate Certificate
The certificate in sport coaching provides prospective coaches with theoretical knowledge and practical experiences in accordance with the National Standards for Sport Coaches.
The focused coursework for this certificate stresses the importance of developing an athlete-centered coaching philosophy and a scientifically based understanding of current issues in sports medicine, motor learning and coaching theory.
Why Study Sport Coaching at Grand Valley?
- The certificate program provides you with principles of athletic training and examination of contemporary topics in sport.
- Personal attention by faculty in all your courses and field
experiences in student oriented, teaching focused program.
- With a certificate, you can create stackable credentials that enhance your degree and bolster your resume.
- Certificates can be completed in one year or less.
For new students, visit the Admissions website for undergraduate requirements. Upon acceptance and for current students:
- Declare your certificate via myBanner (Login to Banner Self-Service, click on Student, Student Records, Add a Certificate or Badge to your Program, Select the appropriate certificate from the drop down list, and click Submit)
- Speak with the appropriate certificate coordinator to ensure criteria are being met (you will be able to track your progress toward the certificate in myPath as well!)
- Once you are done with the requirements, apply to receive the certificate via myBanner.
- Once the completion of your certificate has been verified, the certificate will be posted to your student record and will be viewable on your transcript.
Location & Format
Classes for this certificate are offered on the Grand Valley Allendale Campus.
- Face To Face
The following courses are required for completion of the certificate:
- MOV 201 - Psychosocial Aspects of Physical Education and Sport
- MOV 217 - Modern Principles of Athletic Training
- SPM 355 - Current Topics in Coaching
- SPM 360 - Practicum in Coaching