LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Health Care Information Systems minor
Information systems studies the use of computers in collecting, organizing, storing, retrieving, processing, and analyzing information in response to the ever-changing challenges faced by organizations.
The health care information systems (HIS) minor is a combination of technology and health care that is in high demand in West Michigan and across the country.
Why Study Health Care Information Systems at Grand Valley?
- Flexibility. By choosing electives and minors in related subject areas, students can further tailor their degrees to fit their individual needs and career goals.
- Theoretical foundation and practical experience offer excellent preparation for the job market and valuable industry experience.
- Small class sizes of approximately 30 students.
- Qualified faculty. Most faculty members hold doctoral degrees and have a wide breadth of experience in the industry.
- Competent advisors are available to all students.
- The School of Computing has its own dedicated state-of-the-art computer labs for hands-on experience. A premier data communications lab and computer architecture lab are also available.
- The School of Computing will prepare you to begin successful careers in any of US News & World Report's "10 Best Technology Jobs in 2019."