Occupational Therapy, M.S.
Two curriculum options: traditional full-time, two-year program or the hybrid full-time, three-year program (for students who must maintain employment throughout the program due to life commitments). Both lead to an entry-level Master of Science in occupational therapy. Completion of all prerequisite coursework and the previous attainment of a bachelor's degree are required before starting either program.
Why Study Occupational Therapy at Grand Valley?
- Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education of the American Occupational Therapy Association, 6116 Executive Boulevard, Suite 200, North Bethesda, MD 20852-4929. Phone: (301) 652-AOTA. Web: acoteonline.org.
- One hundred percent of GVSU occupational therapy graduates are employed in the field.
- Over the past three years, Grand Valley has had an overall pass rate of 100 percent on the NBCOT Board Exam.
- OT is considered one of the top careers for the future with a growth rate of 26 percent in the next eight years.
- Named one of the top OT graduate programs in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
- Grand Valley offers the same graduate tuition rate for in- and out-of-state students.
This tool shows an overview of potential career opportunities for this major. Actual salaries, employment opportunities, and job titles may change over time.
The entry-level master's degree Occupational Therapy Program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), located at:
6116 Executive Boulevard, Suite 200
North Bethesda, MD 20852-4929
ACOTE's telephone number, c/o AOTA, is (301) 652-AOTA
Web address is www.acoteonline.org.
Location & Format
Classes for the program are a combination of online and in-seat on the GVSU Health Campus, near the Grand Rapids Medical Mile.Formats:
- Face To Face
OT students study a variety of topics that include:
- Developmental curriculum for pediatrics, adults, and older adults
- Group therapy
- Mental health
- Practice based research project
Deadline for fall semester is January 15. The $30 application fee is waived if the applicant has previously applied to GVSU. Application information is available at gvsu.edu/ot and otcas.liaisoncas.com.
A candidate can apply to either the traditional or hybrid program as their first choice during the OTCAS application process. Applicants are able to select the other program as their second choice. Admissions requirements to this program can be found here.
For More InformationCollege of Health Professions
Department of Occupational Science and Therapy
500 Lafayette Ave. NE, Suite 204, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Scott Truskowski, PH.D.,
To apply, please visit otcas.liaisoncas.com or contact the department chair.
“I think our program at GV did an excellent job at teaching us the core value of meaningful occupation. Overall, GVSU couldn't have prepared me better for thinking outside the box in some of the most challenging situations. I am so very grateful for our program.”
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ALUMNA