Athletic Training, MAT
Athletic trainers are health care professionals who specialize in preventing, recognizing, managing, and rehabilitating athletic injuries.
The program is a two-year degree offered through the Department of Movement Science that provides students with a theoretical and conceptual foundation combined with extensive hands-on clinical experience for professional preparation.
Why Study Athletic Training at Grand Valley?
- This student-centered program ensures personal attention from faculty members in all courses and labs, with opportunities for research.
- There are extensive opportunities for hands-on service learning in diverse clinical settings.
- Students learn using state-of-the-art equipment and instructional materials.
- Graduates receive consistently high pass rates on the Board of Certification exam for athletic trainers.
- The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education.