LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
Athletic Training, MAT
Athletic trainers are health care professionals who specialize in preventing, recognizing, managing, and rehabilitating athletic injuries.
The program is a two-year degree offered through the Department of Movement Science that provides students with a theoretical and conceptual foundation combined with extensive hands-on clinical experience for professional preparation.
Why Study Athletic Training at Grand Valley?
- This student-centered program ensures personal attention from faculty members in all courses and labs, with opportunities for research.
- There are extensive opportunities for hands-on service learning in diverse clinical settings.
- Students learn using state-of-the-art equipment and instructional materials.
- Graduates receive consistently high pass rates on the Board of Certification exam for athletic trainers.
- The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education.