Business Fundamentals undergraduate Certificate
Employers want people who understand the essentials of how a business operates. A certificate in business fundamentals from Grand Valley State University develops these skills, enhancing your major degree of study and preparing you for your future career.
The business fundamentals certificate helps you develop financial and accounting acumen, as well as better understand the fundamentals of the human side of business and organizational operations. You will build the knowledge and skills necessary to better understand business operations and manage others. Skills developed include analyzing financial statements and performance, creating operating budgets, managing and motivating others, and analyzing and using marketing information.
The certificate is for nonbusiness majors.
Skills Employers Want
The business fundamentals certificate provides you with essential skills necessary for 21st century careers:
- Describe the fundamental role, purpose, and function of managers.
- Recognize, use, and communicate marketing information.
- Understand the fundamentals of accounting principles and transactions, and how they affect decision-makers in an organization.
- Identify, calculate, and analyze the costs of financial decisions in an organization, including product costs, labor costs, and budget variances.
Why study Business Essentials at Grand Valley?
- You will develop professional skills that are in-demand with employers.
- You will add a recognized credential to enhance your degree and bolster your resume.
- Our faculty and support staff provide direct, practical guidance to ensure you thrive.
- The certificate program can be completed in one year or less.