LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out information about COVID-19
Software Design and Development graduate badge
The School of Computing now offers graduate-level digital badges. A digital badge, or simply "badge," recognizes your completion of a coherent and meaningful academic experience. A badge allows you to promote academic achievements online more effectively and in different venues than with a transcript.
The School of Computing's software design and development badge (not a degree or certificate) is designed to prepare students in the following areas:
- Engage in modern software engineering processes.
- Analyze the requirements for a software project.
- Design a solution for a software project.
- Develop a mobile application.
- Create a relational database and learn how applications use databases for persistent storage.
Why Earn a Digital Badge at Grand Valley?
- Badges document knowledge, skills, and competencies you've gained through various learning and professional development opportunities.
- Pursuing a badge, either in continuing education or while completing a degree, can enhance your education.
- Digital badges can be displayed on social media, websites, and in emails.
- Completing a badge is an opportunity for you to highlight particularly marketable and desirable skills to potential employers.