“Staying in Place” order will be in effect for GVSU students living in Allendale Township from September 17 through October 1. Read more
Software Design and Development graduate badge
The School of Computing now offers graduate-level digital badges. A digital badge, or simply "badge," recognizes your completion of a coherent and meaningful academic experience. A badge allows you to promote academic achievements online more effectively and in different venues than with a transcript.
The School of Computing's software design and development badge (not a degree or certificate) is designed to prepare students in the following areas:
- Engage in modern software engineering processes.
- Analyze the requirements for a software project.
- Design a solution for a software project.
- Develop a mobile application.
- Create a relational database and learn how applications use databases for persistent storage.
Admissions and Application
Completion of a Bachelor's degree, and evidence of object-oriented programming skill is required for admission. To start your application:
- Visit gvsu.edu/admissions/graduate-application-24.htm/.
- Select the graduate online application. If you are new to the Grand Valley admissions site, please create an account at this time.
- Application type, select "graduate degree/coursework."
- Next, choose "For personal development without completing a Graduate Degree nor receiving a Graduate Certificate."
- Under interest area, select "other."
- Choose your semester start date, and proceed with the rest of the application.
- Contact the School of Computing and Information Systems at firstname.lastname@example.org and inform them of your intent to enroll in the badge program.
Why Earn a Digital Badge at Grand Valley?
- Badges document knowledge, skills, and competencies you've gained through various learning and professional development opportunities.
- Pursuing a badge, either in continuing education or while completing a degree, can enhance your education.
- Digital badges can be displayed on social media, websites, and in emails.
- Completing a badge is an opportunity for you to highlight particularly marketable and desirable skills to potential employers.
Location & Format
Classes for the program are on the Robert C. Pew Grand Rapids Campus.Format:
- Face To Face
The software design and development badge is comprised of three courses (nine credits). Classes are offered on Pew Campus in downtown Grand Rapids.
- CIS 611 - Introduction to Software Engineering
- CIS 641 - Systems Analysis and Design
and one of:
- CIS 657 - Mobile Application Development
- CIS 673 - Principles of Database Design
For More InformationSchool of Computing and Information Systems
Dr. Robert Adams, Ph.D.
C-2-100 Mackinac Hall
ARE YOU A GVSU ALUM?
When you became a Laker, you opened up a lifetime of learning, and now alumni like you can use your Laker Lifetime Learning (L3) account for classes that provide greater knowledge and new skills. Your account is waiting for you to use for future classes at GVSU. All you have to do is click on the button below to find out more.Find Out More About Your Laker Lifetime Learning Account (L3)