Biostatistics is the application and development of statistical techniques for the biological and health sciences.
The Master of Science in biostatistics is a Professional Science Masters' (PSM) program developed in parallel with the applied statistics, data science and analytics, health informatics and bioinformatics, and cell and molecular biology programs.
For more PSM program information, visit gvsu.edu/psm/.
Why Study Biostatistics at Grand Valley?
- Master's level biostatisticians are in demand, which means higher starting salaries within exciting scientific work environments.
- Partners such as Priority Health and Spectrum Health provide formal support for internships and continuing assistance to GVSU students.
- Graduates enjoy careers with outstanding employers such as Van Andel Institute, Henry Ford Health System, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, and the MD Anderson Cancer Center.
- Classes are held later in the day, making it easier for working professionals to complete their degree.
- Program emphasizes current statistical techniques using prominent statistical software.