Biostatistics is the application and development of statistical techniques for the biological and health sciences.
The Master of Science in biostatistics is a Professional Science Masters' (PSM) program developed in parallel with the applied statistics, data science and analytics, health informatics and bioinformatics, and cell and molecular biology programs. Visit gvsu.edu/psm for more PSM program information.
Why Study Biostatistics at Grand Valley?
- Master's level biostatisticians are in demand, which means higher starting salaries within exciting scientific work environments.
- Partners such as Priority Health and Spectrum Health provide formal support for internships and continuing assistance to GVSU students.
- Graduates enjoy careers with outstanding employers such as Van Andel Institute, Henry Ford Health System, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, and the MD Anderson Cancer Center.
- Classes are held later in the day, making it easier for working professionals to complete their degree.
- Program emphasizes current statistical techniques using prominent statistical software.