Data Analytics graduate badge
The School of Computing now offers graduate-level digital badges. A digital badge, or simply "badge," recognizes your completion of a coherent and meaningful academic experience. A badge allows you to promote academic achievements online more effectively and in different venues than with a transcript.
The School of Computing's data analytics badge is not a degree or certificate. The badge is designed to prepare students to:
- Analyze, develop, and apply formal models of biomedical decision-making.
- Apply algorithms for biomedical data mining and bio-sequence analysis.
- Assess and evaluate data mining software used in bioinformatics and medicine.
- Compare and contrast various machine learning algorithms and relate them to human learning processes.
- Describe current research topics in machine learning.
- Develop new and innovative visualizations to support information exploration.
Admissions and Application
Completion of a bachelor's degree, and evidence of object-oriented programming skills are required for admission. To start your application:
- Visit gvsu.edu/admissions/graduate-application-24.htm/.
- Select the graduate online application. If you are new to the Grand Valley admissions site, please create an account at this time.
- Application type, select "graduate degree/coursework."
- Next, choose "For personal development without completing a Graduate Degree nor receiving a Graduate Certificate."
- Under interest area, select "other."
- Choose your semester start date, and proceed with the rest of the application.
- Contact the School of Computing and Information Systems at firstname.lastname@example.org and inform them of your intent to enroll in the badge program.
Why Earn a Digital Badge at Grand Valley?
- Badges document knowledge, skills, and competencies you've gained through various learning and professional development opportunities.
- Pursuing a badge, either in continuing education or while completing a degree, can enhance your education.
- Digital badges can be displayed on social media, websites, and in emails.
- Completing a badge is an opportunity for you to highlight particularly marketable and desirable skills to potential employers.
Location & Format
Classes for the program are on the Robert C. Pew Grand Rapids Campus.Format:
- Face To Face
The data analytics badge is comprised of three courses (9 credits).
- CIS 661 - Introduction to Health and Bioinformatics
And two of the following:
- CIS 635 - Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining
- CIS 665 - Clinical Information Systems
- CSI 671 - Information Visualization
- CIS 677 - High-performance Computing
- CIS 678 - Machine Learning
For More InformationSchool of Computing and Information Systems
Robert Adams, Ph.D.
C-2-100 Mackinac Hall
ARE YOU A GVSU ALUM?
When you became a Laker, you opened up a lifetime of learning, and now alumni like you can use your Laker Lifetime Learning (L3) account for classes that provide greater knowledge and new skills. Your account is waiting for you to use for future classes at GVSU. All you have to do is click on the button below to find out more.Find Out More About Your Laker Lifetime Learning Account (L3)