Database Management graduate badge
The School of Computing now offers graduate-level digital badges. A digital badge, or simply "badge," recognizes your completion of a coherent and meaningful academic experience. A badge allows you to promote academic achievements online more effectively and in different venues than with a transcript.
The School of Computing's database management badge (not a degree or certificate) is designed to prepare students in the following areas:
- Create relational and non-relational databases.
- Utilize computational methods for knowledge discovery in bioinformatics and medicine.
- Describe challenges posed by clinical information systems.
- Create visualizations for complex data sets.
- Tune the performance of relational database management systems.
- Utilize emerging non-relational databases such as object-oriented and XML databases.
Why Earn a Digital Badge at Grand Valley?
- Badges document knowledge, skills, and competencies you've gained through various learning and professional development opportunities.
- Pursuing a badge, either in continuing education or while completing a degree, can enhance your education.
- Digital badges can be displayed on social media, websites, and in emails.
- Completing a badge is an opportunity for you to highlight particularly marketable and desirable skills to potential employers.