LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Computer Science, B.S.
The computer science major provides students with the intellectual foundations and experiences necessary to succeed professionally in the computing and information technology field.
Computer science students receive a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree. The diverse elective courses offered within the curriculum allow students to explore specialties within their field, such as:
- Artificial intelligence
- Computer graphics
- Web/mobile applications
- System/software security
- Usability design
- Data mining
A minor is also available.
Why Study Computer Science at Grand Valley?
Computing professionals who want to take their expertise or career to the next level can take advantage of Grand Valley's highly-credentialed and well-connected faculty.
- Accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, abet.org.
- The program offers a variety of electives and minors, so students can tailor their education to their interests.
- The curriculum is a combination of theoretical foundation and applied computing, giving students a competitive edge in the job market.
- Students gain practical experience through extensive internship opportunities available through the School of Computing.
- Dedicated computer labs with state-of-the-art equipment ensure relevant, hands-on experience.