Applied Statistics, M.S.
Applied statistics is a practical, hands-on program that provides a comprehensive set of applied statistical techniques, which allows students to succeed as applied statisticians in academia and industry.
The Master of Science in applied statistics is a Professional Science Master's program that allows students to combine strong communication skills with an ability to interpret and present statistical findings. The curriculum emphasizes practical experience and statistical applications, so students are ready to make an immediate impact on the applied statistics industry.
The degree emphasizes teamwork, problem-solving communication, scientific knowledge, and technical skills. An internship is required. For more program information, visit gvsu.edu/psm/.
Why Study Applied Statistics at Grand Valley?
- The program offers a comprehensive curriculum in applied statistics at the graduate level, providing experience in a greater variety of applied statistical techniques.
- Statisticians are in high demand across a variety of industries: retail, manufacturing, health care, and academia.
- Internships provide valuable, hands-on industry experience sought by employers.
- Many of the courses are offered in the evening, allowing more flexibility in students' daily schedules.
- Students gain valuable experience in the application of statistical software.