Electromagnetic Compatibility Undergraduate Badge
A badge is a digital record of achievement that recognizes completion of a coherent and meaningful academic experience. You can link your digital badges to online résumés and portfolios, career websites, or social media. This gives you a way to share experiences, competencies, or knowledge with current and future employers, professional and community organizations, recruiters, and graduate programs.
The undergraduate electromagnetic compatibility badge (EMC) certifies knowledge of electromagnetic fundamentals and EMC principles to design and test electronic products for EMC compliance.
The badge is open to electrical or interdisciplinary engineering majors. Prerequisites: PHY 231 or PHY 234; a grade of C or better in EGR 314.
Why Earn an EMC Badge at Grand Valley?
- Badges document knowledge, skills, and competencies you've gained through various learning and professional development opportunities.
- Digital badges can be displayed on social media, websites, and in emails.
- Completing a badge is an opportunity to highlight marketable and desirable skills to potential employers while enhancing your education.
- Badges are an efficient way to obtain a specialization, and can be completed in a year.
This tool shows an overview of potential career opportunities for this major. Actual salaries, employment opportunities, and job titles may change over time.
Admissions to complete a digital badge is open to both degree and nondegree seeking students. If you are not currently a Grand Valley student, start your application here.
For current GVSU students:
- Declare your badge via myBanner. Login to Banner Self-Service, click on Student, Student Records, Add a Certificate or Badge to your Program, Select the appropriate badge from the drop down list, and click Submit.
- Speak with the appropriate badge coordinator to ensure criteria are being met. You will be able to track your progress toward the badge in myPath as well!
- Once you are done with the requirements, apply to receive the badge via myBanner.
- Once the completion of your badge has been verified, the badge will be posted to your student record and will be viewable on your transcript. In addition, your digital badge will be posted on Credly.com.
Location & Format
- Face To Face
The digital badge is comprised of two four credit courses, a total of eight credits.
- EGR 343 - Applied Electromagnetics
- EGR 443 - Electromagnetic Compatibility
The courses include lecture, discussion, examinations, laboratory hours/assignments, and a design project.
Both classes must be passed with a C or better.