LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
Environmental Remote Sensing undergraduate certificate
The environmental remote sensing certificate provides cutting-edge skills in remote sensing science, digital image processing, and big data visualization. Emphasis is placed on applications of remote sensing technology in environmental planning, sustainable development, climate change adaptation, urban resiliency planning, and natural resource management.
You will learn practical applications of geospatial technologies and develop working competency in remote sensing and geographic information systems (GIS) software, such as ERDAS Imagine, eCognition, and ESRI ArcGIS.
Open for all majors. You must be a degree-seeking student to receive the certificate. The certificate will be awarded at the same time the degree is awarded.
Why Study Remote Sensing at Grand Valley?
- An emerging field. Geospatial technology is one of the most important emerging fields in the United States according to the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Marketability. Remote sensing competency offers top jobs in a wide variety of sectors.
- A competitive edge. Studying geospatial technologies will give you an edge over peers in the current job market.
- Practical application. You will learn practical skills that will benefit your future career.
- Flexibility. You can attend full- or part-time. Any major combined with this certificate creates a new hybrid skill set.
- Affordability. Get an extra credential on your official transcript with little to no additional cost.