Operations Management, B.B.A.
The Bachelor of Business Administration in operations management focuses on improving the performance of manufacturing and service organizations. Graduates have a solid foundation for managing areas related to forecasting demand, inventory management, process design, quality control, strategic capacity planning, and more.
The operations management major provides a career path in both
manufacturing and service organizations. Strong industry partnerships,
experiential learning through real-world projects, case studies,
network and consulting, and the possibility of obtaining APICS
certification are some of the reasons why one should take this major.
There is secondary admission to this program.
Why Study Operations Management at Grand Valley?
- Courses are taught by faculty members who consult on real-world
business issues and are experts in all areas of operations management.
- Current technology is integrated into courses by use of the
Internet, e-commerce, and enterprise resource planning.
- Internships and mentorship programs are available so students can
earn money while gaining valuable business experience.
- Network with major corporations to gain access to internships and jobs.
- The program is backed by a strong advisory board representing
senior executives of major corporations in the region.