Exercise Science, B.S.
The field of exercise science examines the relationships between physical activity and exercise on physical performance, health, and wellness. This includes studying acute responses and long-term adaptations in the human body, as influenced by physical movement.
The Bachelor of Science degree in exercise science is consistent with American College of Sports Medicine standards and has emphasis areas in clinical exercise science and health fitness instruction. The program also offers students high-impact experiences through fieldwork and internship courses.
Why Study Exercise Science at Grand Valley?
- In this student-oriented, teaching-focused program, students will gain the knowledge and skills to promote and impact their health and that of society.
- The program prepares students for physical activity, exercise, and health- and sport-related professions through academic, practical, and research experiences.
- Extensive high-impact experiences are offered in diverse settings from local to international locations.
- Students learn using state-of-the-art equipment and instructional materials.
- There are many opportunities to engage in research and scholarly activities with award-winning GVSU faculty members.