Interdisciplinary Engineering, B.S.E.
Interdisciplinary engineering students are focused individuals with
specific career goals that are not met by traditional engineering
majors. Students can focus their studies in engineering fields that
cut across the traditional engineering majors, as well as encompass
other disciplines offered at GVSU, customizing the program to meet
their individual interests and career goals.
Students are prepared for engineering careers and leadership roles through programs that integrate academic studies with hands-on learning and paid professional experiences in actual engineering companies. Grand Valley also offers a graduate program in engineering for those who want to expand their knowledge and skills.
Why Study Engineering at Grand Valley?
- Program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, abet.org.
- Extensive hands-on and project-based learning in small, student-focused classes.
- Three semesters of paid cooperative-education work experience prior to graduation in recognized domestic and international engineering companies.
- Strong support from industrial partners who fund many engineering scholarships for graduate and undergraduate students, as well as sponsor Capstone design projects.
- A nearly 100-percent placement rate into work or graduate school for our graduates.