LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Public Administration, M.P.A.
The Master in Public Administration (M.P.A.) program prepares students by developing the general knowledge and specific abilities they will need for careers in the public service field.
The curriculum is designed to prepare you to act ethically and effectively in the public sector at the federal, state or local level; in policy analysis advocacy and evaluation positions; in health care management and administration; nonprofit management and leadership; and criminal justice management and administration.
The M.P.A. program offers the following concentrations:
- Criminal justice
- Health administration
- Nonprofit management and leadership
- Policy analysis, advocacy, and evaluation
- State, regional, and local governance
Why Study Public Administration at Grand Valley?
- The M.P.A. serves both part- and full-time students with a
flexible delivery that includes evening and weekend courses,
workshops, and web-enhanced learning.
- The curriculum is supportive of our students' diverse career goals and provides concentrations to help achieve those goals.
- Students can participate in research opportunities that have local and regional impact.
- Professional internship opportunities are available and encouraged. Students can participate in up to two, three-credit internships.
- Accredited by the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs and
Administration for more than 20 years.