LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
Religious Studies minor
Religious Studies (REL) prepares students to think critically and creatively. Connecting differing perspectives is an essential foundation for a wide variety of career paths or graduate study.
A minor in Religious Studies offers students the opportunity to:
- Take courses in a range of formats including online and hybrid classes, designed to fit a variety of schedules and needs;
- Strengthen interpersonal skills to work with people from different backgrounds;
- Bring a deeper understanding of religious issues into public dialogue and professional life;
- Enhance training in fields like health care, business, education, or non-profit work by building intercultural competencies.
Why Pursue Religious Studies at Grand Valley?
- Encourages students to develop interdisciplinary understandings and to take full advantage of cross cultural opportunities at GVSU as well as in the greater community.
- Promotes critical thinking, intercultural knowledge and competence, ethical reasoning, and integrative learning.
- Gives you a competitive edge in service-oriented professions.