Religious Studies Minor
Religious Studies (REL) prepares students to think critically and creatively. Connecting differing perspectives is an essential foundation for a wide variety of career paths or graduate study.
A minor in Religious Studies offers students the opportunity to:
- Take courses in a range of formats including online and hybrid classes, designed to fit a variety of schedules and needs;
- Strengthen interpersonal skills to work with people from different backgrounds;
- Bring a deeper understanding of religious issues into public dialogue and professional life;
- Enhance training in fields like health care, business, law, education, and non-profit work by building critical thinking skills and intercultural competencies.
Why Pursue Religious Studies at Grand Valley?
- Encourages students to develop interdisciplinary understandings and to take full advantage of cross-cultural opportunities at GVSU as well as in the greater community.
- Promotes critical thinking, intercultural knowledge and competence, ethical reasoning, and integrative learning.
- Gives you a competitive edge in service-oriented professions.