Combined Degree: Information Technology B.S. and Cybersecurity M.S.
Grand Valley State University combined degree programs offer students
the opportunity to complete both an undergraduate and graduate degree,
meeting their unique personal, academic, and career goals. Pursuing a
combined degree can reduce the cost and total time required to
An information technology specialist assumes responsibility for selecting hardware and software products appropriate for an organization, and managing those applications for users. The cybersecurity Master's program is designed to help computing professionals expand their knowledge in the cybersecurity area, creating opportunities for advancement in the field. It will build skills for current and future threats. The combined program will best prepare students to develop and maintain a secure IT infrastructure.
Qualified undergraduates may be admitted to the program and obtain both the B.S. in information technology and M.S. in cybersecurity within the accelerated time frame. Students apply directly to the School of Computing and Information Systems for the combined program during their second academic year. Application requirements include:
- Overall GPA of 3.25 or greater
- Admission to the undergraduate program
- 60 hours of academic credit completed or in progress
- Two letters of recommendation
- Academic transcripts
- Letter of intent
Why Pursue a Combined Degree at Grand Valley?
- A theoretical foundation and practical experience offer excellent preparation for the job market and valuable experience.
- By focusing on the underlying principles behind cybersecurity, our program prepares students to handle future cybersecurity challenges in addition to today's threats.
- All graduate faculty members hold doctorate degrees.
- There are opportunities for collaboration with faculty members on ongoing research.
- The School of CIS has its own dedicated state-of-the-art computer labs for hands-on learning.
- Accelerate your career trajectory and complete your degrees one step ahead of the competition.