LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
Effective management of finance is critical to the successful management of any business. The Bachelor of Business Administration in finance aims to provide students with the understanding of financial concepts and strategies.
Finance is a very interesting and dynamic field that affects all areas of business and many areas of personal life. Finance majors gain specialization in a specific field by taking advanced courses in that area. Study abroad opportunities also exist to prepare students for a global society.
There is secondary admission to this program.
Why Study Finance at Grand Valley?
- All courses are taught by faculty who have strong academic credentials and are experts in the finance field.
- Current technology (Excel®, financial simulation, etc.) is used in the classroom and integrated into courses.
- Internships allow students to earn money and gain valuable business experience. An annual expo is held to make students aware of internship opportunities.
- The active portfolio management course offers students the opportunity to manage a stock portfolio of more than $250,000.
- The Gary L. Tilkin Finance Markets Center provides students with experiential learning opportunities utilizing databases such as WRDS (including CRSP and Capital IQ) and application-based exercises.