Advanced Tax Practice graduate badge
A badge is a digital record of achievement that recognizes completion of a coherent and meaningful academic experience. You can link your digital badges to online résumés and portfolios, career websites, or social media. This gives you a way to share experiences, competencies, and knowledge with current and future employers, professional and community organizations, recruiters, and graduate program advisors.
The School of Accounting's badge in advanced tax practice is designed to prepare students for advanced level tax research and planning for a variety of situations, including tasks such as researching and providing tax law conclusions for tax issues posited by various tax fact patterns regarding
- employee benefit plans and executive compensation under the Internal Revenue Code and ERISA;
- fundamental concepts applicable to tax accounting periods and to consolidated income tax returns; and
- federal tax practice and procedure.
Admissions and Application
Completion of a bachelor's degree in accounting is required for admission. (Prerequisites differ by badge, contact a graduate program team member for details.)
Applicants seeking this badge while undergraduate or dual enrolled must specify whether each course will count toward their current undergraduate degree or a future graduate degree.
To start your application:
- Visit gvsu.edu/seidmangrad and select "Graduate Credentials."
- Click the button "Inquire for More Information" and fill out the online form.
- A member of the graduate programs team will contact you to get you started.
Why Earn a Digital Badge at Grand Valley?
- Completing a badge is an opportunity to highlight marketable and desirable skills to potential employers.
- Pursuing a badge, either in continuing education or while completing a degree, enhances your education.
- Digital badges can be displayed on social media, websites, and in emails.
- Badges are an efficient way to obtain a specialization, and can be completed in a year.
- The four taxation badges will create stackable credentials towards earning a master's degree in taxation.