Biomedical Informatics graduate badge
The School of Computing now offers graduate-level digital badges. A digital badge, or simply "badge," recognizes your completion of a coherent and meaningful academic experience. A badge allows you to promote academic achievements online more effectively and in different venues than with a transcript.
The School of Computing's biomedical informatics badge (not a degree or certificate) is designed to prepare students in the following areas:
- Evaluate the requirements for biomedical information systems.
- Engage in project management practices for biomedical decision-making.
- Describe the legal and ethical considerations for biomedical informatics.
- Utilize computational methods for knowledge discovery in bioinformatics and medicine.
- Create visualizations for complex data sets.
- Design parallel and high-performance computing algorithms.
- Develop machine learning algorithms.
Admissions and Application
Completion of a Bachelor's degree, and evidence of object-oriented programming skill is required for admission. To start your application:
- Visit gvsu.edu/admissions/graduate-application-24.htm/.
- Select the graduate online application. If you are new to the Grand Valley admissions site, please create an account at this time.
- Application type, select "graduate degree/coursework."
- Next, choose "For personal development without completing a Graduate Degree nor receiving a Graduate Certificate."
- Under interest area, select "other."
- Choose your semester start date, and proceed with the rest of the application.
- Contact the School of Computing and Information Systems at firstname.lastname@example.org and inform them of your intent to enroll in the badge program.
Why Earn a Digital Badge at Grand Valley?
- Badges document knowledge, skills, and competencies you've gained through various learning and professional development opportunities.
- Pursuing a badge, either in continuing education or while completing a degree, can enhance your education.
- Digital badges can be displayed on social media, websites, and in emails.
- Completing a badge is an opportunity for you to highlight particularly marketable and desirable skills to potential employers.