LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
Web and Mobile Computing graduate badge
The School of Computing now offers graduate-level digital badges. A digital badge, or simply "badge," recognizes your completion of a coherent and meaningful academic experience. A badge allows you to promote academic achievements online more effectively and in different venues than with a transcript.
The School of Computing's web and mobile computing badge is not a degree or certificate. The badge is designed to prepare you to:
- Design a stand-alone native mobile application on a modern mobile platform.
- Develop a web-based applications using a modern web stack.
- Explain the primary challenges and tradeoffs in designing distributed systems.
- Specify the requirements for a database application and then implement it using EER modeling, schema design and normalization, SQL/DDL, SQL/DML, stored procedures, and database triggers.
- Describe details of data communications and computer networks including TCP/IP protocol stack.
- Analyze security threats to computer networks and know how to protect against threats.
Why Earn a Digital Badge at Grand Valley?
- Badges document knowledge, skills, and competencies you've gained through various learning and professional development opportunities.
- Pursuing a badge, either in continuing education or while completing a degree, can enhance your education.
- Digital badges can be displayed on social media, websites, and in emails.
- Completing a badge is an opportunity for you to highlight particularly marketable and desirable skills to potential employers.