LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Data Science and Analytics, M.S.
The M.S. in data science and analytics provides students with the fundamental analytics background necessary to work with big and complex data sets in any discipline. The degree has applications to health, social, political, and environmental issues as well as science and technology disciplines. It provides training in key technical areas while also developing business and communication skills.
The program requires a minimum of 36 credits. Requisite courses, from statistics, computer science, and professional science, provide students with a strong foundation in data science. This is an applied program for the working professional.
Why Study Data Science and Analytics at Grand Valley?
- Job postings for data science grew 57 percent for the first quarter of 2017. Data-related jobs are expected to grow by 11 percent from 2014 to 2024, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- This flexible program is designed with the working professional in mind, offering evening classes.
- The program offers experiential learning through field experiences and collaborative assignments and projects.
- First-rate faculty members are passionate practitioners with years of experience in the field.
- The program features a strong emphasis in the fundamentals of data science.