LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Engineers are designer, innovators, and practical problem solvers in
every sphere of life. The Master of Science in Engineering (M.S.E.)
prepares students to innovate and design engineered systems to improve
human life in a sustainable world. The M.S.E. program educates
engineers to be able technical leaders in industry as well as to
pursue higher education in their field of interest.
The M.S.E. program focuses on engineering analysis, design, development, manufacturing, and production. Students network with established professionals, work on real-world projects, and have a variety of emphases to choose from, including:
- Biomedical engineering
- Electrical and computer engineering
- Manufacturing engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Product design and manufacturing engineering
Why Study Engineering at Grand Valley?
- Get personal attention through small classes and extensive hands-on and project-based learning supported by our student-focused, state-of-the-art teaching, laboratory, and project facilities.
- The need for broadly educated engineering graduates is very high and expected to grow rapidly during the next decade. West Michigan is one of the fastest-growing technical, manufacturing, and industrial regions of the state.
- Gain valuable experiential knowledge in parallel with academic learning while receiving financial support from the surrounding industries; opportunities for Industry Sponsored Graduate Fellowship and Internships are available.
- Graduate assistantships are available.
- Combined bachelor's/master's programs that allow high-achieving students to complete both the B.S.E. and the M.S.E. in as little as five calendar years.