The Bachelor of Business Administration in accounting provides a solid foundation for licensure as a certified public accountant (CPA), as well as career opportunities in corporate accounting, auditing, taxation, and management of business, government and nonprofit organizations.
Grand Valley's accounting program prepares students for future careers in the accounting field. It combines core business philosophies with expertise in the field of accounting, along with opportunities for professional experience via internships. Students may choose to continue their education with the Master of Science in Accounting or the specialized Master of Science in Taxation degrees offered by the Seidman College of Business.
Why Study Accounting at Grand Valley?
- Highly engaged faculty who are committed to student success and recognized as experts in their field.
- Exceptional pass rates on CPA and CMA exams.
- Employment recruitment by Big-4, regional, and local public accounting firms, as well as major corporations.
- A substantial internship recruiting process with more than 600 interviews annually. Accounting internships are highly compensated relative to internships in other fields.
- Specialized accounting accreditation, one of only 190 institutions in the world.