The Bachelor of Business Administration in accounting provides a solid foundation for licensure as a certified public accountant (CPA), as well as career opportunities in corporate accounting, auditing, taxation, and management of business, government and nonprofit organizations.
Grand Valley's accounting program prepares students for future
careers in the accounting field. It combines core business
philosophies with expertise in the field of accounting, along with
opportunities for professional experience via internships. Students
may choose to continue their education with the Master of Science in
Accounting or the specialized Master of Science in Taxation degrees
offered by the Seidman College of Business.
There is secondary admission to this program.
Why Study Accounting at Grand Valley?
- Highly engaged faculty who are committed to student success and
recognized as experts in their field.
- Exceptional pass rates on CPA and CMA exams.
- On-campus employment recruitment by Big-4, regional, and local
public accounting firms, as well as major corporations.
- A substantial internship recruiting process with more than 600
on-campus interviews annually. Accounting internships are highly
compensated relative to internships in other fields.
- Specialized accounting accreditation, one of only 186 institutions
in the world.