Management with Management Information Systems emphasis, B.B.A.
A management major helps you lead others in a world of constant change. The specialized management information systems emphasis provides a strong technical background with an emphasis on the analytical skills.
The MIS emphasis provides students with an understanding of concepts, principles, and techniques to design, develop, and implement enterprise information systems.
- Understand the integrated cross-functional nature of business processes.
- Configure key business processes in an enterprise system.
- Investigate data analysis methods to support business decision-making.
- Utilize enterprise software (SAP S4/HANA) to execute business processes.
- Explore various business intelligence tools to visualize and interpret data.
There is secondary admission to this program.
Why Study Management Information Systems at Grand Valley?
- Current and emerging technologies are integrated into courses to provide unique experiential learning.
- Faculty members have a combination of academic accomplishment and professional experience and represent a variety of backgrounds in the field.
- Local and international companies recruit students from the program for paid internships and entry-level positions.
- The program is well regarded and offers highly marketable skills.
- Students take upper-division courses in the heart of an exciting business environment in downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
This tool shows an overview of potential career opportunities for this major. Actual salaries, employment opportunities, and job titles may change over time.
Location & Format
- Face To Face
Visit the online catalog, catalog.gvsu.edu, for coursework options in the management major.
Combined Degree Programs
Many GVSU undergraduate programs can be combined with an existing master’s degree program to save on tuition and get you into the workforce sooner. On average, you can save $8,500 by pursuing a combined degree and take up to four fewer courses than if earning the degrees separately.
Talk with an advisor about how you can build your combined degree from existing programs to further personalize your education and create your own niche area of expertise.
Seidman's Early Access Program
Each year, the Seidman College of Business allows early access into the business college to a select few individuals as first-year students. This honor is reserved for students who have received a 3.500 or higher high school GPA.
Seidman Success Standards
For students not part of Seidman’s Early Access program, the Seidman
College of Business permits access to upper-level (300-400) business
courses after meeting the following Seidman Success Standards:
1. Have earned at least 55 semester hours (junior status)
2. Established a 2.500 or higher overall GPA; and
3. Completed the following courses with a 2.500 or higher combined GPA: ACC 212, BUS 201, ECO 210, ECO 211, MGT 268, STA 215
“The MIS program opens doors for students by offering real-world experiential learning directly through the coursework and empowers students to be a core asset to any modern company running an ERP system. This specialized coursework plays a critical role in an individual's ability to relate real business concepts to technological solutions.”
MANAGEMENT MAJOR, MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS EMPHASIS, FRENCH MINOR