Management with Management Information Systems emphasis, B.B.A.
A management major helps you lead others in a world of constant change. The specialized management information systems emphasis provides a strong technical background with an emphasis on the analytical skills.
The MIS emphasis provides students with an understanding of concepts, principles, and techniques to design, develop, and implement enterprise information systems.
- Understand the integrated cross-functional nature of business processes.
- Configure key business processes in an enterprise system.
- Investigate data analysis methods to support business decision-making.
- Utilize enterprise software (SAP S4/HANA) to execute business processes.
- Explore various business intelligence tools to visualize and interpret data.
There is secondary admission to this program.
Why Study Management Information Systems at Grand Valley?
- Current and emerging technologies are integrated into courses to provide unique experiential learning.
- Faculty members have a combination of academic accomplishment and professional experience and represent a variety of backgrounds in the field.
- Local and international companies recruit students from the program for paid internships and entry-level positions.
- The program is well regarded and offers highly marketable skills.
- Students take upper-division courses in the heart of an exciting business environment in downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
This tool shows an overview of potential career opportunities for this major. Actual salaries, employment opportunities, and job titles may change over time.
Location & Format
- Face To Face
Visit the online catalog, catalog.gvsu.edu, for coursework options in the management major.
Combined Degree Programs
This undergraduate degree can be combined with a master's degree to save you time and money, and get you into the workforce sooner. On average, students save $8,500 in our combined degree programs and take up to four fewer classes than if earning the degrees separately.
You can even build your own combined degree from programs in different disciplines to further personalize your education and meet specific career goals.
Each year, the Seidman College of Business admits a select few students directly into the business college as first-year students. This honor is reserved for students who have a 26 or higher composite score on the ACT, or a score of 1240 and higher on the SAT, and a 3.5 or higher high school GPA.
For students not admitted as first-year students, the Seidman College of Business's admission criteria require students to have
- completed at least 55 semester hours (junior status);
- achieved a 2.5 or higher overall GPA; and
- completed select courses with a 2.5 or higher combined GPA. Transfer student grades for comparable classes being transferred into Grand Valley will be used to calculate this combined GPA.
Visit catalog for more details.
“The MIS program opens doors for students by offering real-world experiential learning directly through the coursework and empowers students to be a core asset to any modern company running an ERP system. This specialized coursework plays a critical role in an individual's ability to relate real business concepts to technological solutions.”
MANAGEMENT MAJOR, MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS EMPHASIS, FRENCH MINOR