Management with Management Information Systems emphasis, B.B.A.
A management major helps you lead others in a world of constant change. The specialized management information systems emphasis provides a strong technical background with an emphasis on the analytical skills needed in todays business environment.
The MIS emphasis provides students with an understanding of concepts, principles, and techniques to design, develop, and implement enterprise information systems. These specialized skills equip students with a strong technical background, but emphasizes the business knowledge and analytical skills necessary in today's business environment.
- Understand the integrated cross-functional nature of business processes.
- Configure key business processes in an enterprise system.
- Investigate data analysis methods to support business decision-making.
- Utilize enterprise software (SAP® ERP) to execute business processes.
- Explore various business intelligence tools to visualize and interpret data.
There is secondary admission to this program.
Why Study Management Information Systems at Grand Valley?
- Current and emerging technologies are integrated into courses to provide unique experiential learning.
- Faculty members have a combination of academic accomplishment and professional experience and represent a variety of backgrounds in the field.
- Local and international companies recruit students from the program for paid internships and entry-level positions.
- The program is well regarded and offers highly marketable skills.
- Students take upper-division courses in the heart of an exciting business environment in downtown Grand Rapids, MI.