LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
Electrical Engineering, B.S.E.
Electrical engineers design and build systems to tackle problems big and small. They integrate the fields of electronic circuit design, electromagnetics, digital signal processing, control systems, and power systems to analyze and solve problems involving modern electronic systems. Applications of these designs include consumer electronics, power generation and delivery, telecommunications, alternative energy, aviation and aerospace systems, mechatronics, electric vehicles, and electromagnetic compatibility.
Students are prepared for engineering careers and leadership roles through ABET accredited programs that integrate academic studies with hands-on learning and paid professional experiences in diverse engineering companies. Grand Valley also offers a graduate program in engineering for those who want to expand their knowledge and skills.
Why Study Electrical Engineering at Grand Valley
- Prepare for a career designing consumer electronics, power
systems, guidance and navigation, aircraft systems, renewable energy
systems, electric vehicles and more.
- Work with state-of-the-art electronic equipment and tools to analyze and design electrical systems.
- Complete real-world hands-on projects in small, student-focused courses.
- Partner with our industry supporters who sponsor capstone design
projects, fund engineering scholarships, and provide career opportunities.
- Join a group of successful graduates who have achieved a nearly
100% placement in industry-based careers or advanced graduate study.