Information Systems Project Management Fundamentals Graduate Badge
The School of Computing now offers graduate-level digital badges. A digital badge, or simply "badge," recognizes your completion of a coherent and meaningful academic experience. A badge allows you to promote academic achievements online more effectively and in different venues than with a transcript.
The School of Computing's information systems project management fundamentals badge is not a degree or certificate. Completion of a bachelor's degree, and evidence of some programming skill is required for admission.
The badge covers planning, organizing, staffing, controlling, and directing information systems projects. Major emphasis on project planning, techniques and tools for monitoring and controlling projects, and teamwork and leadership issues. A term project that involves the development of a project plan for a nontrivial information system project using project management tools is required.
Why Earn a Digital Badge at Grand Valley?
- Badges document knowledge, skills, and competencies you've gained through various learning and professional development opportunities.
- Pursuing a badge, either in continuing education or while completing a degree, can enhance your education.
- Digital badges can be displayed on social media, websites, and in emails.
- Completing a badge is an opportunity for you to highlight particularly marketable and desirable skills to potential employers.
- It is offered in convenient formats for you to choose from: online, face to face, or hybrid.
- The class is flexible, focused, and small, so you will get the most out of the instruction.
This tool shows an overview of potential career opportunities for this major. Actual salaries, employment opportunities, and job titles may change over time.
Completion of a Bachelor's degree, and evidence of object-oriented programming skill is required for admission. To start your application:
- Visit gvsu.edu/admissions/graduate-application-24.htm
- Select the graduate online application. If you are new to the Grand Valley admissions site, please create an account at this time.
- Application type, select "to complete a Graduate Badge."
- Select a badge from the drop-down list.
- Choose your semester start date, and proceed with the rest of the application.
- Contact the School of Computing and Information Systems at [email protected] and inform them of your intent to enroll in the badge program.
For current GVSU students:
- Declare your badge via myBanner. Login to Banner Self-Service, click on Student, Student Records, Add a Certificate or Badge to your Program, Select the appropriate badge from the drop down list, and click Submit.
- Speak with the appropriate badge coordinator to ensure criteria are being met. You will be able to track your progress toward the badge in myPath as well!
- Once you are done with the requirements, apply to receive the badge via myBanner.
- Once the completion of your badge has been verified, the badge will be posted to your student record and will be viewable on your transcript. In addition, your digital badge will be posted on Credly.com.
Location & Format
The class is offered online, face to face, or a combination of online and in-seat.Formats:
The badge is a three credit course:
- CIS 642 - Information Systems Project Management
For More InformationSchool of Computing
Robert Adams, Ph.D.
C-2-100 Mackinac Hall
ARE YOU A GVSU ALUM?
When you became a Laker, you opened up a lifetime of learning, and now alumni like you can use your Laker Lifetime Learning (L3) account for classes that provide greater knowledge and new skills. Your account is waiting for you to use for future classes at GVSU. All you have to do is click on the button below to find out more.Find Out More About Your Laker Lifetime Learning Account (L3)