Information Systems Project Management Fundamentals graduate badge
The School of Computing now offers graduate-level digital badges. A digital badge, or simply "badge," recognizes your completion of a coherent and meaningful academic experience. A badge allows you to promote academic achievements online more effectively and in different venues than with a transcript.
The School of Computing's information systems project management fundamentals badge is not a degree or certificate. Completion of a bachelor's degree, and evidence of some programming skill is required for admission.
The badge covers planning, organizing, staffing, controlling, and directing information systems projects. Major emphasis on project planning, techniques and tools for monitoring and controlling projects, and teamwork and leadership issues. A term project that involves the development of a project plan for a nontrivial information system project using project management tools is required.
Why Earn a Digital Badge at Grand Valley?
- Badges document knowledge, skills, and competencies you've gained through various learning and professional development opportunities.
- Pursuing a badge, either in continuing education or while completing a degree, can enhance your education.
- Digital badges can be displayed on social media, websites, and in emails.
- Completing a badge is an opportunity for you to highlight particularly marketable and desirable skills to potential employers.
- It is offered in convenient formats for you to choose from: online, face to face, or hybrid.
- The class is flexible, focused, and small, so you will get the most out of the instruction.