The curriculum is designed to fit into the busy schedule of today's working nurses. Courses are delivered online with specialty practicums occurring in health care settings. Nurse Practitioner students are on campus 1-2 times per semester in our state-of-the-art Interprofessional Simulation Center (second and third year). We offer multiple nurse practitioner emphasis areas:
- Child/adolescent acute care
- Dual child/adolescent primary care/acute care
- Family nurse
- Child/adolescent primary
- Adult/older adult primary care
- Psychiatric mental health
And a Post-MSN to DNP with specialization emphasis in leadership.
Why Study Nursing at Grand Valley?
- KCON's nursing programs are accredited through the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and are highly respected by employers across the region.
- Established partnerships with over 1,700 healthcare organizations.
- Access to a dedicated full-time placement coordinator who are prepared to advise students through all stages of their degree completion.
- Graduate assistantships, scholarships, financial aid, and Laker Lifetime Learning (L3) available to those who qualify.
- Highly qualified faculty are invested in student success and relevant coursework.
This tool shows an overview of potential career opportunities for this major. Actual salaries, employment opportunities, and job titles may change over time.
Location & Format
Classes for the program are a combination of online and in-seat on the GVSU Health Campus, near the Grand Rapids Medical Mile.Format:
The curriculum is consistent with the national agenda to transform American health care. Students study a variety of topics, including:
- Applied statistics
- Informatics, innovation, and technologies
- Evidence-based practice
- Health issues in vulnerable populations
- Quality management in healthcare
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, with the deadline for fall cohort May 1. Applications received after that date are accepted based on space available.
For general requirements for graduate admission, visit Grand Valley State University’s admission section of the online catalog.
Admission into the DNP nursing program has additional requirements, which are available on this page.
If you have additional questions, please contact our graduate admissions office.
“The DNP program has taught me more about myself and my nursing practice than I ever imagined. I had the full support of professors who challenged me to think in new ways.”