Combined Degree: Information Systems B.S. and Applied Computer Science M.S.
Grand Valley State University combined degree programs offer current
qualified undergraduate students the opportunity to complete both an
undergraduate and graduate degree, meeting their unique personal,
academic, and career goals. Pursuing a combined degree program can
reduce the cost and total time required to complete both a bachelor's
and a master's degree.
Listen to Podcast
Qualified undergraduates may be admitted to the program and obtain both the B.S. in information systems and M.S. in applied computer science within the accelerated time frame.
Students apply for the combined B.S./M.S. program during their second academic year. Application requirements include:
- Overall GPA of 3.25 or greater
- Already admitted to the information systems program
- 60 hours of academic credit completed or in progress
- Two letters of recommendation
- Academic transcripts
Why Pursue Combined Degrees at Grand Valley?
- Highly-credentialed and well-connected faculty.
- The School of Computing has its own dedicated state-of-the-art computer labs for hands-on equipment. A premier data communications lab and computer architecture lab are also available.
- Accelerate your career trajectory and complete your degrees one step ahead of the competition.
- Respond to emerging job markets.
- Meet the growing national need for more master's trained employees.
- Gain valuable internship and career opportunities through partnerships in the West Michigan area.
This tool shows an overview of potential career opportunities for this major. Actual salaries, employment opportunities, and job titles may change over time.
Location & Format
- Face To Face
Students admitted to this program will count up to 12 credits of graduate work in partial satisfaction of the requirements for the undergraduate degree.
Students may dual-count select classes toward the B.S./M.S. degree. Students are encouraged to meet with their graduate program director to ensure all requirements are met. Please visit www.gvsu.edu/computing/combined-degree-course-substitutions-114.htm for a full list of these classes.
Students apply directly to the School of Computing for the combined B.S./M.S. program during their second academic year. Visit the online catalog for more information about admission requirements for the combined bachelor of science in information systems and master of science in applied computer science.