LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
History of Science minor
History of Science examines the emergence and development of scientific enterprise and how science and technology shape our lives. The skills you gain through the study of history of science allows you to analyze and interpret evidence and evaluate how scientific knowledge and practice have changed over time.
Any undergraduate can minor in the History of Science. The minor provides valuable perspectives for those majoring in the humanities, social sciences and sciences. Careful training in research, writing, critical reading, and interpretation makes history of science minors attractive to a great number of employers who value those abilities.
Why Study the History of Science at Grand Valley?
- Faculty devoted to teaching, scholarship, and mentoring. You are also supported by welcoming and knowledgeable staff members.
- Research and internship opportunities.
- Work with the Veterans History Project.
- Get involved with student organizations including the History Club and Phi Alpha Theta, the history honor society.
- GVSU history graduates are accepted into top law schools and master's degree programs in history, museum studies, and library science.