Health and Physical Education, B.S.
Health and physical educators are certified teachers for preschool through 12th grade students. The degree offers a variety of experiences with students in school settings. Graduates are prepared to be leaders in their field, positively impacting communities.
The Bachelor of Science degree in health and physical education reflects the national Society of Health and Physical Educators standards. The program provides high-impact experiences for students to become qualified educators.
Why Study Health and Physical Education at Grand Valley?
- In addition to a strong foundation in liberal arts, the program provides students with a broad theoretical and conceptual foundation for professional teacher preparation.
- Faculty members provide personal attention in courses and field
experiences in student-oriented, teaching-focused program.
- There are opportunities for fieldwork and student teaching experiences in diverse settings within the State of Michigan.
- Faculty and students travel to state and national conventions to engage with the professional communities of health and physical education.
- Graduates experience a consistently high pass rate for the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification.