Project Management Undergraduate Certificate
The project management certificate at Grand Valley State University
integrates industry-proven project management practices with Agile
principles. Students work in small teams to effectively initiate,
plan, execute, control, and bring closure to real-world projects using
MS Project and other enterprise project management software.
The project management program features coursework in project management, team building, and applied business solutions. This certificate complements major fields of study in other departments or schools and enables you to train for a future career in this specialty.
Why Study Project Management at Grand Valley?
- You will be developing professional skills that employers are looking for such as team building and project planning.
- You will develop business talent that contributes to the economic growth of West Michigan and the Great Lakes region.
- With a certificate, you can create stackable credentials that enhance your degree and bolster your resume.
- You can complete the certificate in one year or less.
This tool shows an overview of potential career opportunities for this major. Actual salaries, employment opportunities, and job titles may change over time.
For new students, visit the Admissions website for undergraduate requirements. Upon acceptance and for current students:
- Declare your certificate via myBanner (Login to Banner Self-Service, click on Student, Student Records, Add a Certificate or Badge to your Program, Select the appropriate certificate from the drop down list, and click Submit)
- Speak with the appropriate certificate coordinator to ensure criteria are being met (you will be able to track your progress toward the certificate in myPath as well!)
- Once you are done with the requirements, apply to receive the certificate via myBanner.
- Once the completion of your certificate has been verified, the certificate will be posted to your student record and will be viewable on your transcript.
Location & Format
- Face To Face
The project management certificate is comprised of 12 credits:
- CIS 339 - Project Planning
- CIS 349 - Agile Project Management
- MGT 345 - Team Building
- BUS 470 - Applied Business Solutions
It is recommended learners take BUS 470 as the final course, as it is a culminating experience applying project management knowledge.
These classes provide you with core training in the following competencies:
- Analytical skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making
- Interpersonal skills like communication, collaboration, and leadership and responsibility
- Information processing skills
- Capacity to innovate and adapt skills