The Master of Science in accounting offers an intensive, concentrated learning experience focused on accounting. This specialization is designed for those pursuing certified public accountant certification and careers in public, industry and nonprofit accounting.
Listen to Podcast
- Program Focus. In-depth exploration of essential aspects of accounting with practical experience within the discipline.
- Individualized Program Plan. Faculty advisors develop an individualized plan of study to meet specific career goals.
- Flexibility. Part-time or full-time study.
Why Study Accounting at Grand Valley?
- Vibrant, synergistic relationships with area businesses offer opportunities for collaboration on career development and on community-based projects.
- Faculty members consult actively with local and national businesses. This dynamic exchange keeps students current and connected through a blend of theory and applied practice.
- Accreditation through AACSB International, the premier business school accrediting organization, is a testament to quality. Seidman College is regularly recognized as a top business school and students excel in local, state, and national educational competitions.
- Classes are held in the thriving business community in downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
- The program is available to anyone with a baccalaureate degree, including those with limited accounting experience.
Seidman is accredited by the AACSB International. Visit their accreditation page for details.
Location & Format
Classes for graduate students in this major meet downtown on the Robert C. Pew Grand Rapids Campus.Format:
- Face To Face
The program is available to anyone with a baccalaureate degree, including those with limited accounting experience. Curriculum prerequisites will vary depending on previous business and accounting coursework. Coursework for all M.S.A. students includes theory, ethics, analysis, international accounting, structured analytics, and emerging technologies.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, but the fully completed application must be submitted a minimum of 30 days prior to the intended semester of enrollment. The $30 nonrefundable application fee is waived if the applicant has previously applied to GVSU.
- Completed graduate application
- One-page essay/personal statement, speaking to your career goals or reason for pursuing this degree
- $30 nonrefundable application fee (Waived if you have previously applied to Grand Valley this fee)
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education previously attended
- Official GMAT scores are not required but can be submitted to strengthen admission materials
- Official TOEFL scores (if your native language is not English)
Additional program information can be found here.
“I knew that I wanted a new career, specifically in accounting. However, I was not really sure, at 51 years of age, how to make that happen. The M.S.A. program was a perfect fit. The staff and professors were extremely helpful, and the curriculum gave me the tools to accomplish my goals.”
DELONG BROWER, PC
ARE YOU A GVSU ALUM?
When you became a Laker, you opened up a lifetime of learning, and now alumni like you can use your Laker Lifetime Learning (L3) account for classes that provide greater knowledge and new skills. Your account is waiting for you to use for future classes at GVSU. All you have to do is click on the button below to find out more.Find Out More About Your Laker Lifetime Learning Account (L3)