LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
Sustainable Food Systems undergraduate certificate
Strong local food systems are essential for healthy communities. Working professionals as well as students preparing for careers in local food enterprises, health care, sustainability, education, business, nonprofit administration, social work, and many other fields will benefit from the skills and experience necessary to address the role of food in community life.
Why Study Sustainable Food Systems at Grand Valley?
- Gain a deep understanding of sustainable food systems' impact on society and the environment.
- Engage in practical experience gardening, composting, and marketing at GVSU's Sustainable Agriculture Project, the on-campus student farm.
- Acquire the skills to integrate multiple perspectives on food justice, environmental stewardship, and food science and safety.
- Learn and understand the food needs of diverse communities.
- Develop advocacy strategies to support local food systems that sustain the environment now and into the future.