Electromagnetic Compatibility Graduate Badge
A badge is a digital record of achievement that recognizes completion of a coherent and meaningful academic experience. You can link your digital badges to online résumés and portfolios, career websites, or social media. This gives you a way to share experiences, competencies, or knowledge with current and future employers, professional and community organizations, recruiters, and graduate programs.
The graduate electromagnetic compatibility badge (EMC) certifies knowledge of the EMC principles necessary to design or redesign electronic products that can be successfully tested for EMC compliance.
The badge is open to students in the engineering graduate program.
Why Earn an EMC Badge at Grand Valley?
- Badges document knowledge, skills, and competencies you've gained through various learning and professional development opportunities.
- Digital badges can be displayed on social media, websites, and in emails.
- Completing a badge is an opportunity to highlight marketable and desirable skills to potential employers while enhancing your education.
- Badges are an efficient way to obtain a specialization, and can be completed in a year.
This tool shows an overview of potential career opportunities for this major. Actual salaries, employment opportunities, and job titles may change over time.
Admissions to complete a digital badge is open to both degree and nondegree seeking students. If you are not currently a Grand Valley student, start your application here.
For current GVSU students:
- Declare your badge via myBanner. Login to Banner Self-Service, click on Student, Student Records, Add a Certificate or Badge to your Program, Select the appropriate badge from the drop down list, and click Submit.
- Speak with the appropriate badge coordinator to ensure criteria are being met. You must submit an official transcript from your baccalaureate degree granting institution. You will be able to track your progress toward the badge in myPath as well!
- Once you are done with the requirements, apply to receive the badge via myBanner.
- Once the completion of your badge has been verified, the badge will be posted to your student record and will be viewable on your transcript. In addition, your digital badge will be posted on Credly.com.
Location & Format
Classes for graduate students in this major meet downtown on the Robert C. Pew Grand Rapids Campus.Format:
- Face To Face
The digital badge is comprised of two courses, a total of seven credits.
- EGR 543 - Electromagnetic Compatibility
- EGR 643 - PCB Design and EMC
The courses include lecture, discussion, and laboratory hours. Both classes must be passed with a B or better. See gvsu.edu/catalog for individual course details.
For More InformationSchool of Engineering
136 Kennedy Hall
ARE YOU A GVSU ALUM?
When you became a Laker, you opened up a lifetime of learning, and now alumni like you can use your Laker Lifetime Learning (L3) account for classes that provide greater knowledge and new skills. Your account is waiting for you to use for future classes at GVSU. All you have to do is click on the button below to find out more.Find Out More About Your Laker Lifetime Learning Account (L3)