The certificate is designed to prepare you to:
- Learn foundational computing and statistical skills like visualization.
- Learn predictive analytics tools.
- Learn computer coding in Python and R.
Why Study Applied Data Analytics at Grand Valley?
- First-rate faculty that are passionate practitioners with years of
experience in the field.
- The degree has a strong emphasis in the fundamentals of data science.
- The number of job postings for data science grew 57 percent for
the first quarter of 2017. Data-related jobs are expected to grow by
11 percent from 2014 to 2024, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- With a certificate, you can create stackable credentials that
enhance your degree and bolster your resume.
- Courses are offered in six-week accelerated formats, so you can
complete it in one year or less.
Location & Format
Classes for this certificate are offered on the Allendale
Campus and downtown on the Robert C. Pew Grand
The applied data analytics certificate is comprised of 18 credits:
- STA 215 - Introductory Applied Statistics
- STA 323 - Predictive Analytics
- STA 340 - Statistics in the Media OR ECO 300 -
Data Analytics for Economics & Business
- CIS 160 - Learn to Code in Python
- CIS 320 - Visualization of Data and Information
- CIS 331 - Data Analysis Tools and Techniques OR
MGT 477 - Applied Business Intelligence
Individuals with data analytics skills sets are in high demand.
Certificates are a good way for you to demonstrate you have the skills
necessary to pursue a career path that includes data analytics without
the time commitment toward a full degree. Typically, course credit
from certificates can be applied toward a degree in the future.
Earning this undergraduate certificate in applied data analytics will
enhance your career skills by:
- Improving decision making
- Enhancing productivity
- Predicting and defining emerging trends