Applied Data Analytics Undergraduate Certificate
The undergraduate certificate in applied data analytics at Grand Valley State University focuses on understanding how to interpret, use, and apply data and statistics in the workplace.
The certificate is designed to prepare you to:
- Learn foundational computing and statistical skills like visualization.
- Learn predictive analytics tools.
- Learn computer coding in Python and R.
Why Study Applied Data Analytics at Grand Valley?
- First-rate faculty that are passionate practitioners with years of experience in the field.
- The degree has a strong emphasis in the fundamentals of data science.
- The number of job postings for data science grew 57 percent for the first quarter of 2017. Data-related jobs are expected to grow by 11 percent from 2014 to 2024, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- With a certificate, you can create stackable credentials that enhance your degree and bolster your resume.
- Courses are offered in six-week accelerated formats, so you can complete it in one year or less.
This tool shows an overview of potential career opportunities for this major. Actual salaries, employment opportunities, and job titles may change over time.
For new students, visit the Admissions website for undergraduate requirements. Upon acceptance and for current students:
- Declare your certificate via myBanner (Login to Banner Self-Service, click on Student, Student Records, Add a Certificate or Badge to your Program, Select the appropriate certificate from the drop down list, and click Submit)
- Speak with the appropriate certificate coordinator to ensure criteria are being met (you will be able to track your progress toward the certificate in myPath as well!)
- Once you are done with the requirements, apply to receive the certificate via myBanner.
- Once the completion of your certificate has been verified, the certificate will be posted to your student record and will be viewable on your transcript.
Location & Format
Classes for this certificate are offered on the Allendale Campus and downtown on the Robert C. Pew Grand Rapids Campus.Format:
- Face To Face
The applied data analytics certificate is comprised of 18 credits:
- STA 215 - Introductory Applied Statistics
- STA 323 - Predictive Analytics
- STA 340 - Statistics in the Media OR ECO 300 - Data Analytics for Economics & Business
- CIS 160 - Learn to Code in Python
- CIS 320 - Visualization of Data and Information
- CIS 331 - Data Analysis Tools and Techniques OR MGT 477 - Applied Business Intelligence
For More InformationSchool of Computing
C-2-100 Mackinac Hall