Digital Studies Minor
The widespread influence of digital media in almost every aspect of
contemporary life requires new literacy skills for understanding and
using digital technologies. Regardless of their specialized major
program, students will work and evolve in environments that
increasingly rely on digital tools and platforms to create and share
To address this need, the Digital Studies minor provides ways for students from all disciplines to explore the role of digital tools and to become productive and ethical digital citizens.
Why Minor in Digital Studies at Grand Valley?
The minor offers:
- An innovative and flexible curriculum that works as a great addition to any specialized major program.
- Courses that encourage theoretical work and hands-on experiences.
- Ways to gain a firm understanding of digital culture and digital citizenship.
- Opportunities to develop practical skills for using the technologies of the digitalized world.
- Ways to prepare students for jobs requiring a wide range of digital skills and media knowledge.