LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Applied Computer Science, M.S.
The Master of Science in applied computer science is designed to help computing professionals expand their knowledge and opportunities for advancement in the field.
The applied computer science graduate program is a hybrid of computer science, cybersecurity, data science, and information systems, and incorporates topics from all four disciplines, providing flexibility in tailoring a graduate degree.
Why Study Applied Computer Science at Grand Valley?
Computing professionals who want to take their expertise or career to the next level can take advantage of Grand Valley's highly-credentialed and well-connected faculty.
- The program offers eight areas of concentration, giving students the flexibility to develop the skills necessary for career advancement.
- The program uses an applied computing curriculum and has dedicated state-of-the-art computer labs for hands-on experience. A premier data communications lab and computer architecture lab are also available.
- Graduate faculty members are experts in their field, holding doctorate degrees, as well as writing textbooks on the subject.
- Classes are flexible and convenient to accommodate working professionals.
- Students pay the same graduate tuition rate, whether they are in- or out-of-state residents.