LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
Cybersecurity graduate badge
The School of Computing now offers graduate-level digital badges. A digital badge, or simply "badge," recognizes your completion of a coherent and meaningful academic experience. A badge allows you to promote academic achievements online more effectively and in different venues than with a transcript.
The School of Computing's cybersecurity badge is not a degree or certificate. The badge is designed to prepare students to:
- Analyze risk, using a variety of risk evaluation techniques.
- Discuss legal and ethical issues related to information security.
- Secure a network against attack.
- Apply principles of ethical hacking to harden an operating system.
- Apply tools and techniques to cyber forensic investigations and examinations.
- Describe software vulnerabilities.
Why Earn a Digital Badge at Grand Valley?
- Badges document knowledge, skills, and competencies you've gained through various learning and professional development opportunities.
- Pursuing a badge, either in continuing education or while completing a degree, can enhance your education.
- Digital badges can be displayed on social media, websites, and in emails.
- Completing a badge is an opportunity for you to highlight particularly marketable and desirable skills to potential employers.
- It is offered fully online, making it more convenient.