LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
Computer Engineering, B.S.E.
Computer engineers design, evaluate, test and maintain computer hardware and software systems to make computing platforms and applications more efficient. The computer engineering field integrates electrical engineering with computer science to analyze and solve problems across these two disciplines. Computer engineers design computing systems and develop embedded software for applications ranging from avionics and electric automobiles to consumer electronics.
Students are prepared for engineering careers and leadership roles through ABET accredited programs that integrate academic studies with hands-on learning and paid professional experiences in actual engineering companies. Grand Valley also offers a graduate program in engineering for those who want to expand their knowledge and skills.
Why Study Computer Engineering at Grand Valley?
- Personal attention in small classes and complete hands-on and
project-based learning in our student-focused, state-of-the-art
teaching, laboratory, and project facilities.
- Opportunity to specialize in areas such as embedded system design,
digital system design, computer architecture, software engineering
and operating systems.
- Collaborate with our industry partners who sponsor capstone design
projects, fund engineering scholarships and provide career opportunities.
- Three semesters of paid cooperative-education work experience
prior to graduation in recognized domestic and international
- Join a group of successful graduates who have achieved a nearly 100% placement in industry-based careers or graduate school.