Combined Degree: Cybersecurity, B.S. and M.S.
Grand Valley State University combined degree programs offer students
the opportunity to complete both an undergraduate and graduate degree,
meeting their unique personal, academic, and career goals. Pursuing a
combined degree can reduce the cost and total time required to
Cybersecurity is focused on protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data, information, and computer systems. Graduates possess the knowledge and practical, hands-on expertise to defend an organization's system from a wide variety of internal and external threats. The cybersecurity Master's program adds additional depth, creating further opportunities for advancement in the field. The Masters degree will enhance the students skills to recognize, prepare for, defend against, analyze, and investigate current and future threats.
Qualified undergraduates may be admitted to the program and obtain both a B.S. and M.S. in cybersecurity within the accelerated time frame. Students apply directly to the School of Computing and Information Systems for the combined program during their second academic year. Requirements include:
- Overall GPA of 3.25 or greater
- Admission to the undergraduate cybersecurity program
- 60 hours of academic credit completed or in progress
- Two letters of recommendation
- Academic transcripts
- Letter of intent
Why Pursue a Cybersecurity Combined Degree at Grand Valley?
- A theoretical foundation and practical experience offer excellent preparation for the job market and valuable experience.
- By focusing on the underlying principles behind cybersecurity, our program prepares students to handle future cybersecurity challenges in addition to today's threats.
- All graduate faculty members hold doctorate degrees.
- There are opportunities for collaboration with faculty members on ongoing research.
- The School of CIS has its own dedicated state-of-the-art computer labs for hands-on learning.
- Accelerate your career trajectory and complete your degrees one step ahead of the competition.