LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
The philosophy program is designed for students who are interested in examining life's deepest questions and applying this study to the community and world.
Philosophy graduates receive a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree. The curriculum is designed to facilitate interdisciplinary study.
Why Study Philosophy at Grand Valley?
- The program emphasizes learning the history of philosophy as the foundation for further study and application.
- Courses are offered in all major contemporary schools of philosophical thought as well as in non-Western traditions.
- The study of philosophy is an excellent preparation for a wide variety of careers.
- Study abroad programs directed by faculty members are especially beneficial for students. The GVSU Summer School in China represents a rare opportunity to study many aspects of Chinese culture, including Buddhist, Daoist, and Confucian philosophy in China.
- The Undergraduate Teaching Apprentice Program, Philosophy Colloquium/Speakers Series, and the Philosophical Society of GVSU offer out-of-classroom opportunities.