LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
Wealth Planning graduate badge
A badge is a digital record of achievement that recognizes completion of a coherent and meaningful academic experience. You can link your digital badges to online résumés and portfolios, career websites, or social media. This gives you a way to share experiences, competencies, and knowledge with current and future employers, professional and community organizations, recruiters, and graduate program advisors.
The School of Accounting's wealth planning badge is designed to prepare you for advanced level tax research and planning for estates, gifts, and trusts, including tasks such as researching and providing tax law conclusions for tax issues posited by various tax fact patterns regarding
- federal income taxation of trusts and estates and the generation-skipping transfer tax, including entity classification, determination of distributable net income, simple trusts, fiduciary accounting income, throwback rules, decedent income, and grantor trust rules; and
- advanced transfer tax issues in estate and gift tax returns, discounts, special valuation rules, irrevocable life insurance trusts, gifting issues, marital deductions, buy-sell agreements, family limited partnerships, and charitable trusts.
Why Earn a Digital Badge at Grand Valley?
- Completing a badge is an opportunity to highlight marketable and desirable skills to potential employers.
- Pursuing a badge, either in continuing education or while completing a degree, enhances your education.
- Digital badges can be displayed on social media, websites, and in emails.
- Badges are an efficient way to obtain a specialization, and can be completed in a year.
- The four taxation badges will create stackable credentials towards earning a master's degree in taxation.