LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Embedded Systems graduate badge
A digital badge, or simply "badge," recognizes your completion of a coherent and meaningful academic experience. A badge allows you to promote academic achievements online more effectively and in different venues than with a transcript.
The School of Engineering's embedded systems badge (not a degree or certificate) is designed to prepare students in the following areas:
- Develop and debug basic computer programs for engineering applications using structured programming language and interactive development environment.
- Understand the internal architecture and interfacing of different peripheral devices with microcontrollers.
- Integrate hardware and software to design microcontroller-based applications to control an electromechanical system.
- Write necessary firmware for implementing a rudimentary real-time operating system using assembly and other programming languages.
- Understand the working of digital and analog interfaces with the microcontrollers.
Admissions and Application
Completion of a Bachelor's degree, and evidence of structured programming skill is required for admission.
Contact the School of Engineering for admission.
Why Earn a Digital Badge at Grand Valley?
- Badges document knowledge, skills, and competencies you've gained through various learning and professional development opportunities.
- Pursuing a badge, either in continuing education or while completing a degree, can enhance your education.
- Digital badges can be displayed on social media, websites, and in emails.
- Completing a badge is an opportunity for you to highlight particularly marketable and desirable skills to potential employers.
- This badge can be earned in two semesters.