The program prepares students to use a combination of geology and chemistry to study the earth, solve problems related to our environment, and find mineral and energy resources.
The program offers a broad and rigorous curriculum, including field, laboratory, classroom, and research experiences to best prepare students for a broad range of geoscience-related career opportunities. Minors in geology and earth science are also offered. Visit gvsu.edu/geology for details.
Why Study Geology-Chemistry at Grand Valley?
- Students are immersed in a community of knowledgeable, accomplished faculty members that is complemented by invaluable learning experiences outside of the classroom.
- Students can take part in field studies and research where they use their geological knowledge in real-world situations.
- Individually mentored research opportunities are available to undergraduate students.
- Students frequently attend and/or present their work at national, regional, or state professional meetings.
- The Geology Club organizes events such as on-campus speakers, field experiences, and conferences to offer networking, industry knowledge, and real-world experiences.