LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Geospatial Technology Minor
The geospatial technology program is an interdisciplinary applied minor offering expertise in geographic information science (GIS), digital image processing (remote sensing), and computer cartography. There is an emphasis on environmental, business, urban planning, and community development applications.
The geospatial technology minor is skills-oriented and complements a wide variety of majors. This program of study prepares you for jobs in the private and the public sectors as well as graduate school.
Why Study Geospatial Technology at Grand Valley?
- An emerging field. Geospatial technology is one of the most important emerging fields in the United States according to the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Marketability. Geospatial technology offers top jobs in a wide variety of sectors.
- A competitive edge. Studying these smart technologies will give you an edge over peers in the job market.
- Flexibility. Any major combined with the geospatial technology creates a new hybrid skill set.
- Affordability. You can achieve an additional GIS certificate with no extra financial cost.