Students who pursue a Bachelor of Business Administration in marketing will learn the activity and process of creating, communicating, delivering, and exchanging offerings that have value for customers, clients, partners, and society at-large.
The marketing major is for students who like interacting with people, are intrigued by human behavior, and like being rewarded for what they do. A B.B.A. degree is offered with the following emphases available:
- General marketing
- Professional sales
- Distribution and logistics
Why Study Marketing at Grand Valley?
- Courses are taught by faculty members who consult on real business issues, are experts in their business discipline, and have strong academic credentials.
- Internships, set up to relate to the field of study and scheduled around classes, let students earn money while getting valuable business experience.
- Network with successful business leaders for advice, internships, and job possibilities.
- Take classes in the heart of Grand Rapid's exciting business environment.
- Current and emerging technologies are integrated into courses to provide unique experiential learning.
This tool shows an overview of potential career opportunities for this major. Actual salaries, employment opportunities, and job titles may change over time.
Location & Format
- Face To Face
Students study a variety of topics preparing them for a variety of careers, including:
- Sales/sales management
- Sports marketing
- Multinational marketing
- Digital/mobile marketing
- Marketing research/analytics
Combined Degree Programs
Many GVSU undergraduate programs can be combined with an existing master’s degree program to save on tuition and get you into the workforce sooner. On average, you can save $8,500 by pursuing a combined degree and take up to four fewer courses than if earning the degrees separately.
Talk with an advisor about how you can build your combined degree from existing programs to further personalize your education and create your own niche area of expertise.
REAL-WORLD EXPERIENCEHands-on learning and other fieldwork not only deepen your mastery of your discipline but also give you the edge employers seek. Visit our experience matters page to see the work GVSU students are doing in their co-ops and internships.
Seidman's Early Access Program
Each year, the Seidman College of Business allows early access into the business college to a select few individuals as first-year students. This honor is reserved for students who have received a 3.500 or higher high school GPA.
Seidman Success Standards
For students not part of Seidman’s Early Access program, the Seidman
College of Business permits access to upper-level (300-400) business
courses after meeting the following Seidman Success Standards:
1. Have earned at least 55 semester hours (junior status)
2. Established a 2.500 or higher overall GPA; and
3. Completed the following courses with a 2.500 or higher combined GPA: ACC 212, BUS 201, ECO 210, ECO 211, MGT 268, STA 215
“In classes you're dealing with actual faculty, not teaching assistants. I have had a lot of professors who have real-world business experience so they've been able to connect their experience to their teaching to show us how what we're learning is applicable to the real world.”