Marketing is the activity and process of creating, communicating, delivering, and exchanging offerings that have value for customers, clients, partners, and society at large.
The marketing major is for students who like interacting with people, are intrigued by human behavior, and like being rewarded for what they do. A Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) degree is offered with the following emphases available:
- Distribution and logistics
- General marketing
- Professional sales
Why Study Marketing at Grand Valley?
- Faculty who consult on real business issues are experts in all areas of business and have strong academic credentials.
- Current technology is integrated into courses.
- Internships allow you to earn money while getting valuable business experience. Internships are set up to relate to your field of study and are scheduled around your classes.
- Professional networking with business leaders.
- A campus in the heart of an exciting business environment.
- Smaller class sizes allow you and faculty to interact.
- Study abroad opportunities prepare you for a global society by allowing you to live within another culture and meet students from around the world. Our study abroad programs are established in 25 countries and can be customized to meet your needs and interests.
- A Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) is also available. Visit gvsu.edu/seidmangrad for details.
Location & Format
- Face To Face
Students study a variety of topics preparing them for a variety of careers, including:
- Digital/mobile marketing
- Marketing research/analytics
- International marketing
- Sales/sales management
- Sports marketing
- And many more
Seidman marketing grads are employed at companies such as:
- Amway Global
- Gordon Foods
- Grand Rapids Griffins
- 3M Corporation
- Meijer Corporate Office
- Spectrum Health
- Stryker Medical
For more information, visit gvsu.edu/marketing/.
Combined Degree Programs
This undergraduate degree can be combined with a master's degree to save you time and money, and get you into the workforce sooner. On average, students save $8,500 in our combined degree programs and take up to four fewer classes than if earning the degrees separately.
You can even build your own combined degree from programs in different disciplines to further personalize your education and meet specific career goals.
Each year, the Seidman College of Business admits a select few students directly into the business college as first-year students. This honor is reserved for students who have a 26 or higher composite score on the ACT, or a score of 1240 and higher on the SAT, and a 3.5 or higher high school GPA.
For students not admitted as first-year students, the Seidman College of Business's admission criteria require students to have
- completed at least 55 semester hours (junior status);
- achieved a 2.5 or higher overall GPA; and
- completed select courses with a 2.5 or higher combined GPA. Transfer student grades for comparable classes being transferred into Grand Valley will be used to calculate this combined GPA.
Visit catalog for more details.
“In classes you're dealing with actual faculty, not teaching assistants. I have had a lot of professors who have real-world business experience so they’ve been able to connect their experience to their teaching to show us how what we’re learning is applicable to the real world.”